Starts to put words together; combines phrases such as “want that” and “no more” with gestures and points to objects.
By 2 years, most children have a 1–2 hour nap after lunch.
Every child is different, but many kids are ready to begin toilet training between the ages of 2 and 4 years. Your little one may be ready if he or she can stay dry in nappies for several hours in a row, follow simple instructions, and walk to the potty. Stay relaxed, patient and positive. It usually takes between 3 to 6 months.
HUNGER CUES & FEEDING MILESTONES
- Holds and drinks from a cup; chews skilfully and efficiently.
- Molars are present; uses tongue to clear food from lips.
- Prefers familiar foods.
- Uses utensils well.
- Eats/drinks with minimum spilling.
- Uses words like “all done” and “no more” when full.
- Follows simple instructions.
- Begins to sort by shape and colour.
- Independence is growing.
- Completes simple shape-matching puzzles.
- Turns board-book pages easily one at a time.
- Copies the behaviour of adults and other children.
- Gets excited about being with other children.
- Plays alongside other children.
- Shows increasing independence; shows defiant behaviour.
- Begins to play “make-believe”.
It’s unbelievable to think that your little baby is now a little person. A brave little explorer, a great discoverer, a finder of things in the most unlikely places.
NIDO 3+ is ideal for your growing pre-schooler. When your child reaches three years of age, he begins to learn and interact at preschool. NIDO 3+ is designed to give your toddler the energy he needs to explore, learn and play.