Veggie Art Masterclass
Picky eating… breathe, it‘s just a phase that your child is going through.
Fortunately, there are fun ways to encourage your little one to get all the nutrients they need. One of the best tricks is to transform their less-favourite ingredients into a lion, car, flower or anything that you and your child can imagine… with safe tools of course!
Creating fun images can increase the likelihood of your child tasting new foods. Establishing good eating habits is essential for balanced and happy growth... and for the sake of your mental health. Try not to get stressed if your child refuses a food, just try again another day.
Grab a pen mom, here a few tips to pass this phase with honours:
- Encourage your little one to taste it, but never pressure them to eat.
- Let them look at it, squish and smell it.
- Offer them the same food several times even if they keep refusing it. They need time to become familiar with new food. Remember everything starts in the tummy… when they feel right, they can enjoy growing up happy!
- Try varying cooking methods, textures and presentations.
- Remember to praise your little one when they agree to taste a food… but do not reward with sweets.
- Have structured family meals, with as few distractions as possible so you can reconnect and enjoy the conversation.
- Show how you, and the whole family, enjoy the food. Yum!
- Be patient with them, remember we all passed this phase.
Remember everything starts in the tummy…when they feel right, they can enjoy growing up happy!