Skip to main content
PLAYING: Baby Teething Tips
Baby Teething Tips
Teething can be a distressing time for your baby and you too. We’ve put together an action plan of teething tips, so you can all get through it without gritting your teeth.
Oct 26, 2020
- Try taking your baby’s mind off their troublesome teeth with a change of scenery or play.
- Consider giving your baby a teething ring to provide relief from the pain.
- Try cooling a teething ring in the fridge but never in the freezer.
- If your baby is six months or older chewing a bread crust or bread stick, under supervision of course, can help.
- Avoid rusks or biscuits as they contain sugar, which can cause tooth decay.
- There’s no evidence to support that teething gels are effective, but if you decide to try one, make sure it’s specially designed for babies.
- The same goes for homeopathic teething gels, though again, if you decide to try one, make sure it’s licensed for use in your country.
- As soon as teeth appear, brush them with a fluoride toothpaste.